Your Career at Space NK
Space NK offers a well informed, unbiased opinion on an edited selection of the best specialist skin care, make up, hair care, fragrance and accessories sourced from around the world.
Over the last decade, Space NK has acquired a devoted following of loyal customers and continues to appeal to a wide range of people seeking supreme customer service from staff who know that the products we offer are selected for their quality and performance. We aim to deliver the highest possible level of customer care. A strong passion for product knowledge is necessary in order to maintain and build on our customer care standards.
Previous retail experience encompassing skin care or cosmetics is ideal but not essential as ongoing training and development are important aspects of the Space NK philosophy.
Alternatively, we welcome speculative applications, so please email us your CV and covering letter which includes your salary expectation and notice period in a PDF format to email@example.com. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.Beauty Advisor To deliver an exceptional “Luxury Therapy” customer service to all Space NK customers.
Permanent Leeds, Yorkshire St. John's Wood, London South Molton Street, London Beaconsfield, London Regent Street, London Brighton, East Sussex Hampstead, London Wimbledon, London Cheapside, London Wimbledon, LondonSupervisor
To assist the management team in the delivery of the highest and most consistent standards of customer service.
Permanent Cheapside, London Glasgow, Scotland Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire
Fixed Term Henley, OxfordshireAssistant Manager To build, develop and assist in the management of a competent store team focused on delivering the highest levels of Customer Service, whilst maintaining the Brand ethos and vision and exceeding customers’ expectations.
Permanent Primrose Hill, London York, Yorkshire Nottingham, MidlandsStore Manager To drive the sales and profitability of the store. To build, develop, and manage a competent store team focused on delivering the highest levels of Customer Service, whilst maintaining the Brand ethos and vision, exceeding customers’ expectations across all disciplines. Work with the Store teams to create a positive working environment.
Permanent Glasgow, Scotland Fixed Term Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
SUPPORT OFFICEOur centrally based London office houses the full spectrum of support function roles. For our latest opportunities, please see below or visit LinkedIn.
Alternatively, we welcome speculative applications, so please email us your CV and covering letter which includes your salary expectation and notice period in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.Sales and Marketing Executive Permanent Responsible for providing administrative support to the Space Brands Sales team, to ensure the smooth running of the brands and to deliver the global marketing strategy in the UK as directed by the US marketing team. For more information, please visit LinkedIn. IT Support Technician Permanent Providing day to day technical support in line with business objectives and timelines. Responsibility for various technical areas within IT including remote support, Desktop deployment, retail hardware platforms, Basic Hyper-V and Active directory Administration and associated company communications. For more information, please visit LinkedIn. Space NK are an equal opportunities employer.
Gender Pay Gap
THE FACTS AS OF 5 APRIL 2017
To Give You Some Context……
• 658 employees
• 596 females
• 62 males
• 90% female
• 10% male
Within our Support Office and Distribution Centre
• 133 employees
• 83 females
• 50 males
• 63% female
• 37% male
Within our Retail Stores
• 525 employees (367 are part time – 70%)
• 513 females
• 115 of females are Store Managers or Assistant Managers (22%)
• 4 of males are Store Managers or Assistant Managers (33%)
• 12 males (8 are part time – 67%)
• 98% female
• 2% male
|Women's Hourly Rate Gap (mean)||53.4%|
|Women's Hourly Rate Gap (median)||42.2%|
|Top Quartile - Men||31.5%|
|Top Quartile - Women||68.5%|
|Upper Middle Quartile - Men||10.3%|
|Upper Middle Quartile - Women||89.7%|
|Lower Middle Quartile - Men||4.7%|
|Lower Middle Quartile - Women||95.3%|
|Lower Quartile - Men||4.7%|
|Lower Quartile - Women||95.3%|
|Women’s bonus pay gap (mean)||50%|
|Women’s bonus pay gap (median)||-4.1%|
|Men that received bonus pay||64.5%|
|Women that received bonus pay||9.1%|
GENDER PAY GAP - WHAT WE ARE PROUD OF
We seek others views…
• We use external providers to benchmark our salary data against our competitors therefore ensuring that we are consistent and competitive across the retail environment
We pay competitively…
• We conduct annual salary reviews using benchmarking information and inflation increases to adjust salaries by the same base rate across Retail and the Support Functions.
• Our Retail bonus scheme is not an individual commission scheme. Bonus is split across the team fairly.
We are balanced…
• Our Senior Leadership team represents 53% women and 47% men
• 11% of our female population in the Support Office is part of the Senior Leadership team vs 14% of men
We recruit for talent….
• When we recruit within our retail stores for a Beauty Advisor not only are we looking for amazing artistry skills and a passion for skincare and colour; we are looking to the future. As such, in 2017 60% of our management vacancies were filled internally. This represents an increase of 10% since 2015.
We welcome people back and retain our talent…
• We understand that individuals leave our employment for pastures new, however we also welcome them back! The year preceding the snapshot date, we welcomed back 5% of our employees. As of 5 April 2017, 23% of our employees have over 5 and 10 years service. We have employees in the business with over 20 years service – great considering the business was established 25 years ago!
• Across the retail landscape there are more females than men that work in the sales and customer service occupation and more that work in a part time capacity. This is true within our business as we have significantly more female employees than male within our store portfolio.
• We have fewer men that are employed with us, however the concentration of their roles are at more senior levels within the business
• We have more female employees within our Support Office functions, however there is more of a balance between men and women than in our stores
• As a result of our brand DNA, in the wonderful world of beauty, many of our applicants and the individuals that we hire are genuinely passionate about the products that we sell and the industry that we work within. This leads us to receiving more interest in employment opportunities from females.
• However we welcome applications from all genders
• We are committed to paying our employees fairly irrespective of what their gender, nationality, religion, race, background or age
• We are an equal opportunities employer