Your Career at Space NK
Space NK offers a beauty insider’s expert opinion on an edited selection of the finest specialist skincare, makeup, haircare and, fragrance from around the world.
Over the last decade, Space NK has acquired a devoted following of loyal customers. Our name is synonymous with impeccable customer service delivered by Beauty Advisors who know that all our products are selected for their quality and performance. We aim to deliver the highest possible level of customer care across all aspects of our business. A strong passion for the beauty and wellness market is key to ensure all our applicants maintain and build on our high level of customer care.
Previous retail experience in skincare or cosmetics is ideal, but not essential, as ongoing training and development are important aspects of the Space NK HR philosophy.
How To Apply for a Position With Us
We offer a range of roles in retail from Beauty Advisors, Makeup Artists and Skincare Specialists to store management. Our centrally located London Support Office houses the full spectrum of company roles from buying to e-commerce, marketing and creative. Our Distribution Centre is also centrally based.
Detailed below are the live opportunities that we currently have available. We also welcome speculative applications. If you are interested in working with us, please email your CV and cover letter (including salary expectations and notice period) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.
Please note that we do not require the following information on your CV and/or cover letter:
• Date of Birth
• Medical information
• Family situation (e.g. if you have children, single parent etc)
• Sexual orientation
• Trade Union membership details
If you are offered a position with us, this information may be sought for Equal Opportunity purposes and checking the Right to Work. However, it is not required as part of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for a role with us and have a health condition or disability, please let us know at interview stage and we will endeavour to support you with relevant adjustments.
Alternatively, we welcome speculative applications, so please email us your CV and covering letter which includes your salary expectation and notice period in a PDF format to email@example.com. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.Beauty Advisor To deliver an exceptional level of “Luxury Therapy” customer service to all Space NK clients.
Permanent Grafton Street, Dublin, Ireland Richmond, London Kensington, London Covent Garden, Shelton Street, London Leamington Spa, Warwickshire Cobham, Surrey Leeds, Yorkshire St. John's Wood, London South Molton Street, London Beaconsfield, London Regent Street, London Hampstead, London Wimbledon, London Cheapside, London Wimbledon, LondonSupervisor
To assist the management team in the delivery of the highest and most consistent standards of customer service.
Permanent Cambridge, Cambridgeshire Oxford, Oxfordshire Muswell Hill, London St. Ann's, Manchester Cheapside, London Glasgow, Scotland Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire
Fixed Term Henley, OxfordshireAssistant Manager To build, develop and assist in the management of a competent store team focused on delivering the highest levels of “Luxury Therapy” customer service. Plus, to simultaneously maintain the brand vision and exceed customer expectations.
Permanent Spitalfields, London Cobham, Surrey Primrose Hill, London York, Yorkshire Nottingham, MidlandsStore Manager To drive the sales and profitability of the store. To build, develop, and manage a competent store team focused on delivering the highest levels of “Luxury Therapy” customer service. Plus, to simultaneously maintain the brand vision and exceed customer expectations across all disciplines. To also work in daily collaboration with the store team to create a positive working environment.
Permanent Marylebone, London Regent Street, London Fixed Term Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
SUPPORT OFFICEOur centrally based London office houses the full spectrum of support function roles. For our latest opportunities, please see below or visit LinkedIn.
Alternatively, we welcome speculative applications, so please email us your CV and covering letter which includes your salary expectation and notice period in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.Space NK are an equal opportunities employer.
We operate a strict PSL and therefore do not welcome speculative direct recruitment agency contact. If you would like to send through information on your agency with a view to becoming a recruitment partner, please email your company details, your areas of specialism and rates to email@example.com.
How We Will Use Your Information
We will use the information you provide to us with your job application to help us process your application for the specific job you have applied for. If you apply speculatively we will process your application for the job/relevant business area that you detail within your email.
Please note that our current system does not use an automated filtering system.
All applications made via the website, through a third-party website or in-store will be kept on file for a period of 12 months. This information will be retained and used to assess your suitability to similar positions that may arise in the future, or if the initial vacancy becomes live again during the 12 month period. If you would prefer us to not hold your information on file/ you wish to be ‘forgotten’ if you are not offered a position with Space NK, please email your ‘right to be forgotten’ to firstname.lastname@example.org using RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN as the title of the email. We will always inform you when we have deleted your application details., otherwise we will treat your application as consent to us holding this information.
For any other queries regarding recruitment at Space NK, please contact email@example.com.
Gender Pay Gap
THE FACTS AS OF 5 APRIL 2017
To Give You Some Context……
• 658 employees
• 596 females
• 62 males
• 90% female
• 10% male
Within our Support Office and Distribution Centre
• 133 employees
• 83 females
• 50 males
• 63% female
• 37% male
Within our Retail Stores
• 525 employees (367 are part time – 70%)
• 513 females
• 115 of females are Store Managers or Assistant Managers (22%)
• 4 of males are Store Managers or Assistant Managers (33%)
• 12 males (8 are part time – 67%)
• 98% female
• 2% male
|Women's Hourly Rate Gap (mean)||53.4%|
|Women's Hourly Rate Gap (median)||42.2%|
|Top Quartile - Men||31.5%|
|Top Quartile - Women||68.5%|
|Upper Middle Quartile - Men||10.3%|
|Upper Middle Quartile - Women||89.7%|
|Lower Middle Quartile - Men||4.7%|
|Lower Middle Quartile - Women||95.3%|
|Lower Quartile - Men||4.7%|
|Lower Quartile - Women||95.3%|
|Women’s bonus pay gap (mean)||50%|
|Women’s bonus pay gap (median)||-4.1%|
|Men that received bonus pay||64.5%|
|Women that received bonus pay||9.1%|
GENDER PAY GAP - WHAT WE ARE PROUD OF
We seek others views…
• We use external providers to benchmark our salary data against our competitors therefore ensuring that we are consistent and competitive across the retail environment
We pay competitively…
• We conduct annual salary reviews using benchmarking information and inflation increases to adjust salaries by the same base rate across Retail and the Support Functions.
• Our Retail bonus scheme is not an individual commission scheme. Bonus is split across the team fairly.
We are balanced…
• Our Senior Leadership team represents 53% women and 47% men
• 11% of our female population in the Support Office is part of the Senior Leadership team vs 14% of men
We recruit for talent….
• When we recruit within our retail stores for a Beauty Advisor not only are we looking for amazing artistry skills and a passion for skincare and colour; we are looking to the future. As such, in 2017 60% of our management vacancies were filled internally. This represents an increase of 10% since 2015.
We welcome people back and retain our talent…
• We understand that individuals leave our employment for pastures new, however we also welcome them back! The year preceding the snapshot date, we welcomed back 5% of our employees. As of 5 April 2017, 23% of our employees have over 5 and 10 years service. We have employees in the business with over 20 years service – great considering the business was established 25 years ago!
• Across the retail landscape there are more females than men that work in the sales and customer service occupation and more that work in a part time capacity. This is true within our business as we have significantly more female employees than male within our store portfolio.
• We have fewer men that are employed with us, however the concentration of their roles are at more senior levels within the business
• We have more female employees within our Support Office functions, however there is more of a balance between men and women than in our stores
• As a result of our brand DNA, in the wonderful world of beauty, many of our applicants and the individuals that we hire are genuinely passionate about the products that we sell and the industry that we work within. This leads us to receiving more interest in employment opportunities from females.
• However we welcome applications from all genders
• We are committed to paying our employees fairly irrespective of what their gender, nationality, religion, race, background or age
• We are an equal opportunities employer