Your Career at Space NK
Space NK offers a beauty insider’s expert opinion on an edited selection of the finest specialist skincare, makeup, haircare and, fragrance from around the world.
Over the last decade, Space NK has acquired a devoted following of loyal customers. Our name is synonymous with impeccable customer service delivered by Beauty Advisors who know that all our products are selected for their quality and performance. We aim to deliver the highest possible level of customer care across all aspects of our business. A strong passion for the beauty and wellness market is key to ensure all our applicants maintain and build on our high level of customer care.
Previous retail experience in skincare or cosmetics is ideal, but not essential, as ongoing training and development are important aspects of the Space NK HR philosophy.
How To Apply for a Position With Us
We offer a range of roles in retail from Beauty Advisors, Makeup Artists and Skincare Specialists to store management. Our centrally located London Support Office houses the full spectrum of company roles from buying to e-commerce, marketing and creative. Our Distribution Centre is also centrally based.
fDetailed below are the live opportunities that we currently have available. We also welcome speculative applications. If you are interested in working with us, please email your CV and cover letter (including salary expectations and notice period) in PDF format to email@example.com. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.
Please note that we do not require the following information on your CV and/or cover letter:
- Date of Birth
- Medical information
- Family situation (e.g. if you have children, single parent etc)
- Sexual orientation
- Trade Union membership details
If you are offered a position with us, this information may be sought for Equal Opportunity purposes and checking the Right to Work. However, it is not required as part of the recruitment process.
If you are interested in applying for a role with us and have a health condition or disability, please let us know at interview stage and we will endeavour to support you with relevant adjustments.
Alternatively, we welcome speculative applications, so please email us your CV and covering letter which includes your salary expectation and notice period in a PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly the type of role that you are interested in.
- Brent Cross - 22.5 hours
To deliver an exceptional level of “Luxury Therapy” customer service to all Space NK clients.
- Harrogate - 12 hours
- Harrogate - 8 hours
- Stamford - 13 hours
- Kings Road - 15 hours
- Leamington Spa - 8 hours
- Aberdeen - 8 hours
- Brighton - 12.5 hours
- Beaconsfield - 15 hours
- Kingston - 8 hours
- Chiswick - 21 hours
- Muswell Hill - 6.5 hours
- South Molton Street - 15 hours
- Beverley - 8 hours
- Cobham - 11.5 hours
- Islington - 15 hours
- Richmond - 15 hours
- Sevenoaks - 8 hours
- Sevenoaks - 15 hours
- Westfield - 30 hours
- Oxford - 10 hours
- Westfield - 27.5 hours
- Covent Garden - 22.5 hours
To assist the management team in the delivery of the highest and most consistent standards of customer service.
- Harrogate - 14 hours
- Bristol - 30 hours
- Brent Cross - 22.5 hours
- Primrose Hill - 22.5 hours
- Wimbledon - 21 hours
To build, develop and assist in the management of a competent store team focused on delivering the highest levels of “Luxury Therapy” customer service. Plus, to simultaneously maintain the brand vision and exceed customer expectations.
- Wimbledon - 37.5 hours
- Harpenden - 37.5 hours
- Westbourne Grove - 37.5 hours
- Beaconsfield - 37.5 hours
- South Molton Street - 37.5 hours
To drive the sales and profitability of the store. To build, develop, and manage a competent store team focused on delivering the highest levels of “Luxury Therapy” customer service. Plus, to simultaneously maintain the brand vision and exceed customer expectations across all disciplines. To also work in daily collaboration with the store team to create a positive working environment.
- Leeds - 37.5 hours
- Reigate - 37.5 hours
- Leamington Spa - 37.5 hours
- Broadgate - 37.5 hours
- Spitalfields - 37.5 hours
Our centrally based London office houses the full spectrum of support function roles. For our latest opportunities, please see below or visit LinkedIn.
Space NK are an equal opportunities employer.
- Digital Content Coordinator - 37.5 hours
- Technology Security Lead - 37.5 hours
- Development Manager (2 roles) 37.5 hours
- NAV Developer - 37.5 hours
- Print Designer - 37.5 hours
- Product Manager - 37.5 hours
- Senior Developer - 37.5 hours
- Senior Developer - 37.5 hours
- IT Operations Lead - 37.5 hours
- Web Imagery Production Assistant - 37.5 hours
- Logistics Controller - 37.5 hours
- Digital Optimisation Executive - 37.5 hours
- Brand Copy Editor - 37.5 hours
- Senior Customer Insight Analyst - 37.5 hours
- Product Designer - 37.5 hours
- Affiliate Assistant - 37.5 hours
- Creative Project Manager - 37.5 hours
- Retail Operations Assistant - 37.5 hours
- Digital Trading Coordinator- 37.5 hours
How We Will Use Your Information
We will use the information you provide to us with your job application to help us process your application for the specific job you have applied for. If you apply speculatively we will process your application for the job/relevant business area that you detail within your email.
Please note that our current system does not use an automated filtering system.
All applications made via the website, through a third-party website or in-store will be kept on file for a period of 12 months. This information will be retained and used to assess your suitability to similar positions that may arise in the future, or if the initial vacancy becomes live again during the 12 month period. If you would prefer us to not hold your information on file/ you wish to be ‘forgotten’ if you are not offered a position with Space NK, please email your ‘right to be forgotten’ to email@example.com using RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN as the title of the email. We will always inform you when we have deleted your application details., otherwise we will treat your application as consent to us holding this information.
GENDER PAY GAP
THE FACTS AS OF 5 APRIL 2020
To Give You Some Context...
- 762 employees
- 72 males
- 673 females
Within our Support Office and Distribution Centre
- 179 employees
- 53 males
- 126 females
Within our Retail Stores
- 583 employees (390 are part time)
- 18 males (11 are part time)
- 565 females (390 are part time)
- 139 of females are Store Managers or Assistant Managers (24.6%)
- 4 of males are Store Managers or Assistant Managers (22.2%)
- We have more female employees within our stores
- We have more female employees within our Support Office functions
- The number of men in the business has increased in retail functions
- The total number of men in the business has decreased.
- Our business is relatively small.
- There are very few teams in our Support Office functions where individuals have the same job titles and perform the exact same role.
- Where employees are performing the same job role they are paid equally and fairly, however we do take into consideration experience and current skill level
- We are committed to paying all our employees fairly no matter what their gender, nationality, religion, race, background or age and we believe that we do so.
Gender Pay Gap 2019 vs 2020
- We have more total employees vs 2019 – increasing our total headcount by 1%
- We have recruited more females than males in the past year
- We have recruited more females in to Support Office/DC roles for the second year in a row
- We have recruited more men into the retail population in the past year
Where we have stayed the same:
- In 2018 and 2019 our female population in retail was 97% this has stayed the same for 2020.
Where changes have occurred:
- In 2019 our female population in Support/DC was 67% this has increased to 70% for 2020.
- In 2019 our male population in Support/DC was 32% this has decreased to 29%.
- In 2019 our male population in retail was 2.9%, this has increased slightly to 3%.
GENDER PAY GAP FIGURES for the past four years
What We Are Proud Of….. 2020
- We have created great career opportunities for women again this year.
- Our leadership team is now made up of 50% males and 50% females
- Our Senior Leadership Team (CFO, CEO, Directors and Head’s of) is made up of 47% males and 53% females.
- We have created an Employee Forum with a sub group focused on diversity and inclusion.
- In our 2018 narrative, we stated that it was our intention to implement a bonus scheme for the retail population that will help support our Gender Pay Gap. We want it to be achievable for the retail population to earn bonus, however when this has occurred, it has impacted our Gender Pay Gap negatively.
- We do not discriminate against gender, always selecting the best person for the role whatever gender they define themselves as.
The challenges we now face…
- Our median gender pay has a difference of £6.13, whilst our mean gender pay gap has a difference of £14.57. If we try to improve our mean gender pay gap this may then skew our median gender pay gap.
- The ongoing coronavirus pandemic may have an impact on the number of hires we are able to make, including for replacement roles.
- The store population have been significantly impacted by the coronavirus pandemic and have been placed onto a period of furlough for much of 2020/21 this will hugely skew next year’s calculation.
We also have to take into consideration that across the whole UK economy:
- Men are more likely than women to be in senior roles - especially very senior roles at the top of the organisation. This is true in our business.
- Women are more likely than men to be found in customer facing roles in some types of organisation, especially those in retail. This is true in our business.
- Men are more likely than women to be found in technical and particularly IT-related roles which attract higher rates of pay than other roles at similar levels of seniority. This is true in our business.
- Women are more likely than men to work part time, or to have had breaks that affect their career progression and long-term earnings. This is true in our business.